Thanksgiving Day 2020
Our biggest Thanksgiving ever!
This year has been unlike any other. But with the help of our community, we’ve stayed focused on surrounding Chicago seniors aging alone with friendship and support. And though we can’t gather together this holiday season, elders across Chicago will still celebrate with a homemade meal and powerful reminders they’re loved and cared for – thanks to our volunteers!
Bring joy to Chicago elders this Thanksgiving! Join us to deliver turkey dinners and the warmth of the season. Find out more information below, and then sign up for an upcoming virtual volunteer orientation.
- We’re asking for a commitment of up to three hours on Thanksgiving Day to deliver meals to two seniors.
- You can request a time window to pick up your meals for delivery, and we will try our best to honor it on a first come, first served basis.
- Families are welcome to volunteer together!
- Meal pick up, as well as meal drop off, will be contactless events. Please watch the video below to see our drive-through meal pick up and knock-drop-and-wave delivery method in action.
- To make deliveries on Thanksgiving Day, you need to be a Little Brothers volunteer. Sign up for an upcoming virtual volunteer orientation here.
- A free online background check is part of our orientation process.
Thank you for sharing your friendship and time to brighten Thanksgiving for Chicago’s elders!