Corporate and Group Volunteering
Advance your group’s philanthropic goals while supporting elders in your local community and strengthening your team! With LBFE’s Corporate Volunteer Program, there are a variety of ways to impact, serve, and engage with lonely, isolated elders. And all can be customized to suit your group’s needs and availability.
Please contact Christine Bertrand, Intergenerational Coordinator, to get started.
CREATE: Team building that benefits our elders
Your team can support our elders and our work and outreach through gifts of friendship.
- Decorate goodie bags with colorful designs and thoughtful messages. These bags are used for deliveries during a visit from a friendly volunteer.
- Personalize small candy favors. Favorite treats are treasures, especially for elders living in nursing homes, who may have limited mobility and very few other visitors.
- Design a gift to be delivered during a visit to a homebound elder.
- Ensure every elder feels remembered and loved at the holidays! Our Holiday Gift Program is a wonderful way to impact an elder. Groups of coworkers can work together to purchase special gifts for our elders.
Groups of any size can participate, and the time commitment is up to you.
SHARE: Volunteer directly with our elders
Our elders and volunteers meet to enjoy conversation and connection and engaging activities at our building weekly and monthly. Join us at:
- Weekly Coffee Club, every Thursday from 9 to 11am
- Monthly Creative Café, on the third or fourth Friday of the month from 12 to 2pm
Once a date is chosen, bring the volunteers and coffee or an engaging activity and share a morning or afternoon with our elders. These opportunities work best with smaller groups of 15 or fewer.
GROW: Even more opportunities to volunteer and connect
Celebrate with our elders! Join us for one of our monthly Celebrations of Life — our Family Reunion parties, Birthday Parties or specially themed luncheons — or one of our big holiday celebrations. We provide extra training for these volunteer opportunities, which are available both during the week and on weekends. Your time commitment is about 5 hours per party and starts around 10am.