The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has changed how we live and work, here in Chicago and worldwide. Because the safety and well-being of our elders and volunteers is so vital to us, Little Brothers implemented a proactive and comprehensive plan to minimize the risks of spreading coronavirus. This is our We Care/We’re Careful Campaign.
Beginning Friday, March 13th and until further notice, our events and social clubs are suspended. To protect the safety of our elders and volunteers, we’ve also made changes to our services to minimize close contact and potential viral cross contamination.
We’ll continue to provide a week’s worth of pantry staples and fresh groceries to our elders most in need as no-contact, drop-off deliveries. With your support, we’ll ensure that our elders have the food, medicine and supplies needed to shelter safely in place.
Messages from Simone Mitchell-Peterson, Little Brothers’ CEO
Our volunteers and staff are reaching out to our elders over the phone and through the mail daily to remind Chicago’s seniors that they are not alone. Because we know the damaging effects of isolation and loneliness on physical and mental health, we’re encouraging everyone to call and write to the elders in their lives.
- Little Brothers’ greeting card (#10 envelope)
- Little Brothers’ greeting card (A2 card envelope)
- March 24th, 2020: Friendly Connection media alert
- March 12th, 2020: Elder wellness update
- March 12th, 2020: Elder letter
- March 9th, 2020: Activity and event changes for March and April 2020
- March 9th, 2020: Volunteer letter